1 a sharp projection on an edge or surface; "he clutched a jag of the rock"
2 a slit in a garment that exposes material of a different color underneath; used in Renaissance clothing
3 a flap along the edge of a garment; used in medieval clothing [syn: dag]
4 a bout of drinking or drug taking v : cut teeth into; make a jagged cutting edge [also: jagging, jagged]
- , /ʤæɡ/, /dZ
JAG or Jag may refer to:
- Jobs for America's Graduates
- Judge Advocate General's Corps, the judicial arm of a nation's military
- JAG, a U.S.-produced television show based on the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps
- JAG (band), a Christian rock band
- Judicial Arbiter Group
- Java Applications Group, formed when Lighthouse Design was purchased by Sun Microsystems
- Java Application Generator, an open-source tool for generating Java EE applications
- James Alexander Gordon (announcer), announcer on the BBC's Sports Report
- Johan August Gripenstedt, Swedish politician and statesman
- An informal name given to things named Jaguar
- An extended period of drug-induced studying
- A tool used in cleaning the inside of shotgun barrels
- The IATA code for Jacobabad Airbase, an airport in Pakistan
- A popular term given to attempts to gain publicity for a musical performance via the internet
- A derogatory slang term, popular in the Chicago region, referring to someone considered to be a jerk, short for "jag-off" ("jack-off" or "jerk-off")
- A derogatory slang term for a homosexual man of Japanese descent, derived from the combination of the words "Japanese" and "fag"
- Just Another Geek - A Geek slang term to offset the Footer overload attached to emails, usually finished with a binary number like 1024. If the Geek does not have multiple certifications like CCIE/MCSE/etc, they could just be a JAG.
- The abbreviated name for JAG Communications, a mobile phone retailer based in the south west of England.
- Jag a song on The Mad Capsule Markets' album Osc-Dis.
- Jag is also an abbreviation for Punjabi names such as Jagdish, Jagwant, Jagvinder, etc
- Jag is the Swedish word for I
- A common slang term in Scotland for an Injection
jag in German: JAG
jag in Esperanto: JAG
jag in Indonesian: JAG
jag in Italian: JAG
jag in Japanese: JAG
jag in Polish: JAG
Vandyke, bacchanal, bacchanalia, bacchanalian, bat, bear, bender, binge, blaze, booze, bout, buck, bum, bust, carousal, carouse, celebration, chop, cleft, cog, comb, compotation, convey, crag, crena, crenellate, crenulate, crimp, cut, debauch, depression, drinking bout, drunk, drunken carousal, fang, ferry, gash, guzzle, hack, harrow, hump, incise, incision, indent, indentation, jab, jog, joggle, kerf, knurl, lug, machicolate, mill, nick, nock, notch, orgy, pack, peak, pecten, picot, pink, potation, projection, pub-crawl, puncture, rake, ratchet, sawtooth, scallop, scarify, score, scotch, serrate, slash, snag, snaggle, soak, souse, spire, spree, sprocket, spur, stab, steeple, symposium, tear, toot, tooth, tote, transport, wassail